Using the most advanced process technology in the mercury recycling industry, Bethlehem Lamp Recycling can process a wide range of standard and compact fluorescent lamps and tubes. We have the ability to handle large volume requirements for corporations, government facilities, health care institutions and universities.
Our continuous feed high-temperature fluorescent lamp glass retorts are designed to capture 99.9% of the mercury in a lamp. Unlike crush and sieve operations that fail to recycle the mercury mixed in with the glass and the end caps.
Our parent company, Bethlehem Apparatus, operates the world's largest commercial mercury recycling facility in North America with over 100,000 sq. ft. of specialized systems and proprietary processes in continuous operation. Our facilities and capabilities include:
- 29 advanced programmable high-temperature vacuum-sealed retorts with a capacity of over seven tons per day
- 8 quadruple distillation systems
- 2 continuous feed fluorescent lamp glass retorts
- 600 ton Calomel processing plant
- 20,000 mercury flasks (76lb) per year capability
- 100,000 gallons per year capacity water purification system
- Over 50,000 sq. ft. of storage capacity
- Ability to handle large volume requirements
In addition, our processing facilities are approved by the EPA, CERCLA, the PA Dept. of Environmental Protection and a majority of Fortune 500 companies.